JOIN NEW YORK MBA
The support of every residential real estate finance entity in New York is imperative to enable our continued efforts to promote and refine industry standards and remain vigilant in monitoring legislation that affects YOUR business. Sign-up now and all employees of your company receive member-benefits.
The New York Mortgage Bankers Association furthers the standards of the real estate financing profession in the areas of education, legislation, regulation, and ethics of practice.
By taking advantage of the resources offered by the New York Mortgage Bankers Association, you will be in a position to meet the demands of today’s competitive market and plan for the challenges of tomorrow. Since Membership is by company, all employees of your company are considered members and can take advantage of the following benefits:
- Monitoring of State Legislation – NYMBA keeps members informed on pending legislation
- Lobbying for the Industry – The New York Mortgage Bankers Association is a registered lobbying organization in the State of New York.
- Educational Opportunities – Via classroom seminars or online webinars, NYMBA enables your company to increase efficiency and productivity and stay competitive in the real estate finance industry.
- Earned Continuing Education Credits – NYMBA contracts with CE providers who conduct classes and submit for continuing education credits for non-depository lenders.
- Annual Convention – the Convention is an exclusive event for the New York mortgage banking profession that is structured to educate, enlighten and offer unique networking opportunities for its members. Each year, the Convention will offer complete educational and legislative updates from leading industry and MBA professionals, a trade show of exhibitors, and more. Members receive regular Convention alerts and discounted pricing for this special event.
- Liaison with State/Federal Regulatory Authorities – NYMBA works closely with regulatory authorities on members’ behalf.
- Public Relations Contact with the News Media – NYMBA serves as the contact for news media throughout New York and directs the media to leaders of NYMBA.
- NYMBAlerts E-News – NYMBA keeps members apprised of the latest breaking information via special broadcast NYMBAlerts. As a NYMBA member, your company receives these at no additional cost.
The New York Mortgage Bankers Association received its non-profit trade association approval from the State of New York in September of 2014. Since the statewide association began operations, the group has had a number of successes and accomplishments. Some of which are:
- Instrumental in IMB’s (Independent Mortgage Bankers) recapturing their portion of the NYS Mortgage Recording Tax
- Collaboratively worked to form and pass legislation that affects lenders and Industry Partners:
- Appraisal Management Company (AMC) Licensing
- Manufactured Housing Title Conversion (to be considered Real Property)*
- Fast-track Foreclosure process for Zombie/Vacant & Abandoned properties
- Eliminate statutory 25% mortgage insurance coverage limitation
- Fixed the New York State sub-prime calculation when FHA went to Life-of-Loan MIP
- Reversing a state budget provision that no longer allowed non-depository lenders to receive a refund of the special additional mortgage recording fee
- Joining with several national trade associations in a successful effort to soften the final New York State cyber security rule
- Forging relationships with key members of the New York State Legislature, bringing the association into the conversation when proposed legislation has an impact on the mortgage finance industry
- Forming a Political Action Committee
- Holding an annual convention that attracts national speakers, second to none
- Conducting an annual Advocacy Event that assists in getting our message out to the Legislature and the Executive Branch
- Establishing a relationship with the Department of Financial Services in order to discuss and resolve member issues
- Assisting the Department of Financial Services in the writing of the Consumer Bill of Rights, and much more.
Join New York MBA today and begin receiving member discounts and benefits! For additional details, please contact executive director Christina Wiley at (518)963-0593 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Download our membership application here.
NYMBA Member Companies
ACS & Co. LLP
Adam Leitman Bailey P.C.
Buffalo Niagara MBA
Capital Communications FCU
Central NY MBA
Claims Recovery Financial Services
Community Bank NA
Computershare Loan Services
Cross State Funding
DeAngelus Goralczyk, PLLC
Diehl Mortgage Training & Compliance
Draper and Kramer Mortgage Corp.
Fairway Independent Mortgage Corp.
First New York FCU
Genesee Regional Bank
Genworth Mortgage Insurance
Glens Falls National Bank
Gross Polowy LLC
Harris Beach PLLC
Hinshaw & Culbertson, LLP
Home Point Financial
Homestead Funding Corp
Hudson Valley FCU
Ianniello Anderson, PC
IREM Solutions Inc
Insight One Financial
Legacy National Group
Mid Hudson Valley MBA
NJ Lenders Corp
Optimal Blue, LLC
OwnersChoice Funding Incorporated
Paragon Home Loans, Inc.
Planet Home Mortgage
Platinum Home Mortgage
Plaza Home Mortgage
Promontory MortgagePath LLC
Residential Home Funding Corp
Residential Mortgage Services Inc
Roman & Piccinnini, PLLC
Saratoga National Bank
SEFCU Mortgage Services
Schiller, Knapp, Lefkowitz & Hertzel, LLP
School Systems Federal Credit Union
Strategic Compliance Partners
Sunmark Credit Union
TEG Federal Credit Union
Upfront Security Associates
US Mortgage Corporation
Valley National Bank
Valuation Services AMC
Weaver Frame Law PLLC
Woods Oviatt Gilman LLP