- Legislative Committee Discuss pending legislation that affects your industry. Talk about where the committee stands on passage or defeat of legislation.
- Convention Committee Plan, market, and carryout the annual convention.
- Education Committee Discuss, recommend topics for educational events that you would like to see the association address in the form of either webinars or live events; assist with putting events together.
- Membership Committee The association is growing–and we want to grow even more! Help to engage lenders, servicers and vendors throughout the state with outreach efforts by leveraging your contacts to promote New York MBA.
- PAC Fundraising Committee Is fundraising a passion of yours? Do you believe that a strong PAC is crucial in the political process? Here’s an opportunity to help raise funds for the New York Mortgage Bankers Political Action Committee.
- Loan Servicing Committee Works closely with the Legislative Committee to understand proposed legislation that impacts Loan Servicing of current and delinquent loans in New York. Issues are proactively reviewed and communicated to the Board of Directors with suggesting a plan of action. Four working groups have been established with specific goals:
Foreclosure Court Task Force Work on collecting data and researching the root cause of issues leading to the foreclosure court backlogs as well as other issues impacting the lengthy timelines in NYS. The group would then work to identify feasible solutions to address these causes and work closely with the Legislative Committee to identify appropriate next steps.
Collaboration with Local MBA’s and “Boots on the Ground” Promote relationships with regional MBA’s as well as local stakeholders i.e. task forces, land banks etc. Communicate NY MBA efforts and best practices as well as identifying local issues related to vacant and abandoned properties and mortgaged properties in NYS.
Forging New Relationships and Improving Existing Relationships Building and improving relationships with New York Department of Financial Services (NY DFS), New York Conference Of Mayors (NYCOM), New York State Association of Counties (NYSAC), Land Banks, Habitat, National Community Stabilization Trust (NCST), Servicers and Credit Unions. Communicate with both government and private groups that have an interest in addressing servicing issues in the state as well as those impacting in New York communities.
Increasing Servicer Participation Increasing Servicing sessions and education at association events, the NYMBA Annual Convention, as well as at the national MBA level.
- Technology Committee Enhance the association’s social media presence, increase awareness of association activities and contribute to website content.