Join a NYMBA Committee: Legislative Committee Discuss pending legislation that affects your industry. Talk about where the committee stands on passage or defeat of legislation. CMB Committee Are you a CMB? Would you like to help others become a CMB? Convention Committee Assist in the planning and marketing of the annual convention. Education Committee Discuss and recommend topics for educational events that you would like to see the association address in the form of either webinars or live events. Membership Committee We’re growing, and we…
What’s new from MBA Compliance Essentials? Through our partnership with the national MBA, we are pleased to announce a series of new resources from MBA’s popular Compliance Essentials (CE) program, which all have special pricing for our state association members. All CE resources are created in collaboration between MBA and top industry legal experts…and, this month national MBA members benefit from a free MI master policies analysis. View Compliance Essentials Offerings
The Mortgage Action Alliance (MAA) is a voluntary, non-partisan and free nationwide grassroots lobbying network of real estate finance industry professionals, affiliated with the Mortgage Bankers Association. MAA is dedicated to strengthening the industry’s voice and lobbying power in Washington, DC and state capitals across America. Get involved with MAA to play an active role in how laws and regulations that affect the industry and consumers are created and carried out by lobbying and building relationships with policymakers. It only takes a moment to get started, and you do not have to be a member of MBA to enroll.
Become a NYMBA Member
The New York Mortgage Bankers Association furthers the standards of the real estate financing profession in the areas of education, legislation, regulation, and ethics of practice.
By taking advantage of the resources offered by the New York Mortgage Bankers Association, you will be in a position to meet the demands of today’s competitive market and plan for the challenges of tomorrow. Since Membership is by company, all employees of your company are considered members and can take advantage of the following benefits:
- Monitoring of State Legislation – NYMBA keeps you informed on pending legislation
- Lobbying for the Industry – The New York Mortgage Bankers Association is a registered lobbying organization in the State of New York
- Educational Opportunities – Via classroom seminars or online webinars, NYMBA enables your company to increase efficiency and productivity and stay competitive in the real estate finance industry
- Earned Continuing Education Credits – NYMBA contracts with CE providers who conduct classes and submit for continuing education credits for non-depository lenders
- Annual Convention – the Convention is an exclusive event for the New York mortgage banking profession that is structured to educate, enlighten and offer unique networking opportunities for its members. Each year, the Convention will offer complete educational and legislative updates from leading industry and MBA professionals, a trade show of exhibitors, and more. Members receive regular Convention alerts and discounted pricing for this special event
- Liaison with State/Federal Regulatory Authorities – NYMBA works closely with regulatory authorities on members’ behalf
- Public Relations Contact with the News Media – NYMBA serves as the contact for news media throughout New York and directs the media to leaders of NYMBA
- NYMBA E-News – NYMBA keeps members apprised of the latest breaking information via special broadcast NYMBAlerts. As a NYMBA member, your company receives these at no additional cost